Fresh Blueberry Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, beat egg. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to sugar mixture alternately with milk. Stir in butter. Gently fold in blueberries. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 173 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 11, 2017
While this coffee cake was yummy, I felt it was missing something. Next time I make it I'll add a teaspoon of either vanilla, almond or lemon extract. Fresh lemon juice would be good too. We did enjoy it and loved the sprinkling of sugar on the top before baking. Adds a nice little crunch.
Jul 11, 2015
Very good, kind of like muffins in a square pan. I used half-and-half (out of milk) and baked it in a 9x9" pan for about 30 minutes. Next time I will add vanilla extract, which I think this coffee cake needs.Note to self: Next time try it in a greased half-size bundt pan; sprinkle the pan with the sugar before adding the batter.
Jun 14, 2015
This cake is good. In order to cut down on carbs a bit, I used less than 1/2 cup of sugar for the cake, and omitted the 2 tablespoons of sugar for the top of the cake. Also, I was out of fresh milk, so I substituted coconut milk. This was a good cake and easy to make.
Nov 10, 2011
This recipe was "not available in your country" - which is Canada. Better get that fixed!
Jul 6, 2010
Quick & easy to make! Bakes up light and is fabulous hot from the oven with a cup of coffee for a great breakfast!