Cap off dinner with these Brownie Sundaes. With prepared brownies, I can fix this sweet treat in a flash. For extra flair, I roll the ice cream in pecans before placing them on top of the brownies. It's a perfect finish to a mouthwatering meal. —Ruth Lee, Troy, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 prepared brownies (3 inches square)
- 6 scoops vanilla or chocolate fudge ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons warm chocolate sauce onto each dessert plate. Top with a brownie and a scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with additional chocolate sauce if desired. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 605 calories, 33g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 276mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Brownie Sundaes in Quick Cooking March/April 2003