Chocolate Brownie Waffle Sundaes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Hot caramel and/or fudge ice cream toppings
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and melted chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Bake in a preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with ice cream, toasted pecans and ice cream toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 waffles: 852 calories, 42g fat (12g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Oct 21, 2017
I found this way to sweet for my liking, but the rest of my family loved it.
Feb 15, 2015
This is a keeper! The best Brownie Waffle I've ever tasted, my kids love it....thank you! :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.