Chocolate Brownie Waffle Sundaes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Hot caramel and/or fudge ice cream toppings
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and melted chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Bake in a preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with ice cream, toasted pecans and ice cream toppings.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 waffles: 852 calories, 42g fat (12g saturated fat), 125mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 107g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 21, 2017
I found this way to sweet for my liking, but the rest of my family loved it.
Feb 15, 2015
This is a keeper! The best Brownie Waffle I've ever tasted, my kids love it....thank you! :)