Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained, or sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, lime juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries; cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream; sprinkle with lime zest.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup ice cream with 3 tablespoons sauce: 216 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 21, 2018
Very good served warm over cream puffs and ice cream. :) I made the recipe as listed except I did not thaw out the berries first. I put them in frozen and just let them cook a minute or two longer. My only critique is it's a little thick, maybe double the butter and sugar or just double the whole recipe so it goes further.