- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed and drained, or sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, lime juice and cinnamon. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add strawberries; cook until tender, about 2 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream; sprinkle with lime zest.
1/2 cup ice cream with 3 tablespoons sauce: 216 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.