Fans of cinnamon will fall head over heels for these festive lollipops. Make them throughout the year using different cookie cutter shapes.—Sheryl Salisbury, Weatherford, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. + standing
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon oil
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring
- 12 lollipop sticks
- Butter 12 assorted 3-in. metal cookie cutters. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from heat; stir in oil and food coloring (keep face away from mixture as oil is very strong). Immediately pour sugar mixture into prepared cutters.
- Remove cutters just before lollipops are set; firmly press a lollipop stick into each. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 lollipop: 105 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Cinnamon Lollipops in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.