Halloween Chocolate Lollipops
"Kids really love the spooky shapes of these lollipops, and the vanilla and chocolate coatings make a pretty pair," says Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract
- Ghost lollipop/candy molds
- 20 lollipop sticks
- 1-1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- Pumpkin lollipop/candy molds
- In a microwave, melt vanilla chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in coconut extract. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #3 round pastry tip.
- Transfer melted vanilla chips to bag. Fill ghost molds three-fourths full. Press a lollipop stick into each ghost; top with a small amount of melted chips. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Set remaining melted chips aside.
- Melt milk chocolate chips at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in orange extract. Prepare a second pastry or plastic bag; insert tip.
- Transfer melted chocolate to bag. Fill pumpkin molds three-fourths full. Press a lollipop stick into each pumpkin; top with a small amount of chocolate. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Set remaining melted chocolate aside.
- Remove lollipops from molds. Use reserved melted chips to add faces to ghosts and pumpkins. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 134 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Lollipos in Taste of Home October/November 2006