Halloween Chocolate Cookie Pops
Our children look forward to making these cute cookies each year. They've become experts at making silly faces with little candies.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Black and yellow decorating gels
- Optional decorations: candy corn, candy eyeballs, M&M's minis and cinnamon hearts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each cookie. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting; frost cookies. Decorate with gel and optional decorations as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie pop (calculated without decorations): 207 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 151mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Halloween Chocolate Cookie Pops in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.