Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 4 cups milk
- 10 Popsicle molds or plastic cups (3 ounces) and Popsicle sticks
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and cocoa. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each mold or plastic cup; top with holders or insert Popsicle sticks. Freeze until set. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 131 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 16, 2014
Greatest recipe i've tried all year!
Jul 14, 2012
This does make a lot of popsicles! We all liked them very much - they are smooth and creamy, and of course chocolatey. For a "grown-up" version, we added 2 TBS of instant coffee (dry) and a splash of kahlua. Very nice.
Apr 15, 2012
My 3 yr old, 10 month old, and husband enjoyed them! Recipe will make a good size batch. Will make them again!
Dec 22, 2010
i apologize! im new at this and forgot to click the stars! very good!
Dec 22, 2010
My 6 yr old and i made these. i was surprised at how much they actually made. i have the same popsicles trays as shown in the pic and i filled 2 of those trays and an ice cube tray. my 3 kids love them! askin for more
Feb 24, 2010
I put them in an icetray. Yum
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.