Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Pops
A miniature candy bar is hidden inside these fun pops. Colored frosting and candy faces make these addicting cookie pops the perfect Halloween treat. —Martha Hoover, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 12 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way candy bars
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Black decorating gel
- Optional decorations: Reese's mini peanut butter cups, M&M's minis, mini Chiclets gum, candy corn and candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the small end of each candy bar. Divide dough into 12 pieces; wrap one piece around each candy bar. Place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting; frost cookies. Decorate with gel and optional decorations as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Originally published as Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Pops in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014