Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Pops
A miniature candy bar is hidden inside these fun pops. Colored frosting and candy faces make these addicting cookie pops the perfect Halloween treat. —Martha Hoover, Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 12 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way candy bars
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Black decorating gel
- Optional decorations: Reese's mini peanut butter cups, M&M's minis, mini Chiclets gum, candy corn and candy eyeballs
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Insert a lollipop stick into the small end of each candy bar. Divide dough into 12 pieces; wrap one piece around each candy bar. Place 4 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting; frost cookies. Decorate with gel and optional decorations as desired.
Test Kitchen Tips
Originally published as Halloween Peanut Butter Cookie Pops in Ultimate Halloween Bookazine 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.