Halloween Chocolate Spiders
"Turn your kitchen into a 'web site' by preparing a batch of these creepy candy spiders," chuckles field editor Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Black or red shoestring licorice
- 24 small round candy-coated milk chocolate balls (such as Hersheys or Sixlets)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 1-1/2 minutes at 50% power, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until melted; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each mound for legs. Press two chocolate balls into each for eyes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 23 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Chocolate spiders in Taste of Home October/November 1999