Halloween Chocolate Spiders
"Turn your kitchen into a 'web site' by preparing a batch of these creepy candy spiders," chuckles field editor Sandi Pichon of Slidell, Louisiana.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Black or red shoestring licorice
- 24 small round candy-coated milk chocolate balls (such as Hersheys or Sixlets)
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate for 1-1/2 minutes at 50% power, stirring after 30 seconds. Stir until melted; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Cut licorice into 2-in. pieces; press eight pieces into each mound for legs. Press two chocolate balls into each for eyes.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 23 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Chocolate spiders in Taste of Home October/November 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.