Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon, apple or cherry flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow, green or red liquid food coloring
- Place lollipop sticks in hard candy molds or arrange sticks 3 in. apart on greased foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in flavoring and food coloring, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Immediately pour into prepared molds or pour free-form over ends of lollipop sticks on baking sheets. Let cool before removing.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 19, 2020
This is the only lollipop recipe that works well I make a batch at least once a month everyone loves them
Jan 20, 2020
Does not turn out well. You’re suppose to use more sugar than corn syrup for lollipops. I don’t know if this is a legit resource.
Nov 20, 2012
Easy to follow instructions. YUMMY!