Kids of all ages will savor these fun fruity lollipops. I received the recipe from my sister-in-law years ago. We still make them in a rainbow of jewel colors in her memory every Christmas. They're great stocking stuffers!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon, apple or cherry flavoring
- 1/8 teaspoon yellow, green or red liquid food coloring
- Place lollipop sticks in hard candy molds or arrange sticks 3 in. apart on greased foil-lined baking sheets; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve sugar crystals. Uncover and cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Remove from the heat; stir in flavoring and food coloring, keeping face away from mixture as odor is very strong. Immediately pour into prepared molds or pour free-form over ends of lollipop sticks on baking sheets. Let cool before removing.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 123 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Lollipops in Country Woman Christmas 2005