Beef Tenderloin Lollipops
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and 1 tablespoon butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut roast into 1-1/2-in. cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef in batches in remaining butter.
- Transfer beef to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; top with onions and blue cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Insert skewers into appetizers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 100 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 7, 2012
What a fabulous, eloquent appetizer. I put the bleu cheese on the side for people to add to the beef. I sauted onions with minced garlic and added some capers to give it an added zest and finely minced mushrooms. Wonderful! People raved about this recipe. I served this to a small party of six since the beef of fillet I bought was expensive, but worth every penny of it. When it comes to family and friends thats what it's all about. Thank you for this recipe.