Beef Tenderloin Lollipops
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and 1 tablespoon butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cut roast into 1-1/2-in. cubes; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown beef in batches in remaining butter.
- Transfer beef to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; top with onions and blue cheese. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Insert skewers into appetizers.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 100 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Sep 7, 2012
What a fabulous, eloquent appetizer. I put the bleu cheese on the side for people to add to the beef. I sauted onions with minced garlic and added some capers to give it an added zest and finely minced mushrooms. Wonderful! People raved about this recipe. I served this to a small party of six since the beef of fillet I bought was expensive, but worth every penny of it. When it comes to family and friends thats what it's all about. Thank you for this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.