Fresh-from-the-oven biscuits can be yours in no time. Serve them with the omelet here or a steaming mug of coffee or tea. Either way, you’ll love every bite! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 ounce cold reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon buttermilk, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup buttermilk just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 167 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.