Cinnamon Blueberry Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix milk and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside. Add egg and oil to milk mixture. Gently stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 22-24 minutes or a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 1, 2015
This was my very first time making blueberry muffins and although I did make the recipe exactly as the directions called for, they did not have much taste at all AND they were quite "heavy". I did add a little cinnamon/sugar mix on the top for a little extra flavor, but I cant help but think maybe a little vanilla extract would have helped it along as well. 3 stars, no flavor, too heavy. Will make again, but with some adjustments.
Jul 17, 2015
Excellent! Very moist.
Jul 10, 2015
I really didnt like the tast of it. The texture and everything seemed to have turned out great but it just had not taste at all.
Jul 28, 2014
These were great, but needed a little something extra. So I added a streusel topping! Yum! I also used whole fat buttermilk instead of making my own with the lemon juice and milk.
Jun 21, 2014
Easy to make and good flavor
Feb 18, 2014
So easy and delicious
Jan 3, 2014
Easy & quick to make
Aug 17, 2013
Good, not too sweet
Jul 13, 2013
This is possibly the best muffin recipe I've tried. I baked them about 22-23 min. In my oven.
May 12, 2013
Loved these muffins! Great recipe!