Frosted Butter Rum Brickle Bites
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) brickle toffee bits
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 375°. Beat first four ingredients until blended. Beat in flour. Stir in toffee bits. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown and toffee bits begin to melt, 8-10 minutes. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in confectioners' sugar, rum extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Spread over cookies.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 112 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 10, 2020
I made these this morning, but used vegan butter
Aug 7, 2019
These cookies are easy to bake and tasty. The rum extract is what makes the cookie. However, we felt the frosting was not needed and made the cookie too sweet.