Gingerbread Cookie Bites
I transformed store-bought cookie mix into mini tarts similar to gingerbread brownies. For garnish, try chopped crystalized ginger or a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg. —Shenae Pulliam, Swansea, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg
- Crystallized ginger, chopped, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cookie mix, butter, sugar, egg, flour, water and, if desired, ginger until blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place in ungreased mini-muffin cups. Press evenly onto bottoms and up the sides of cups. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Cool in pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Pipe into cookie cups; sprinkle with cinnamon, nutmeg and, if desired, crystallized ginger. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Originally published as Gingerbread Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.