Frozen Cheesecake Bites
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + freezing Bake: 40 min. + freezing
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate English toffee bits
- Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; coat paper and sides of pan with cooking spray. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let stand for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and remaining sugar. Using a melon baller, scoop out 1-in. balls of cheesecake; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Top each with a heaping teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Sprinkle crumb mixture over half of the balls and toffee bits over the remaining balls. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 55 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2015
Delicious, handy to have in freezer, but the melon baller step took forever and was very messy. Plan to try again with a 10X15 pan, and cut the cheesecake into small squares.