Icebox Cookie Cheesecake
Cookie lovers will come back for "seconds" when you serve this tempting treat. —Perlene Hoekema, Lynden, Washington
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (14.3 ounces) Oreo cookies, quartered
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and chopped Oreo cookies, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a 9- or 10-in. springform pan. Freeze. Whip 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; blend thoroughly. Fold cut cookies into filling along with chilled whipped cream. spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Freeze 1 hour before serving.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla and remaining whipping cream. Loosen cheesecake from pan by running knife around edge; remove from pan.
- Spread chocolate glaze over cheesecake. If desired, top with whipped cream and additional Oreo cookies to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 523 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Icebox Cookie Cheesecake in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.