Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 slices bread
- 24 cubes cheddar cheese (1/2-inch cubes)
- In a bowl, combine egg yolk, ground beef, onion, salt and pepper. Shape mixture by teaspoonfuls into 24 balls. Remove crusts from bread; roll flat and cut into 1-1/2-in. rounds. Place meatballs on bread rounds; make a depression in each ball and fill with a cube of cheese, making sure bread is covered with meat mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil in preheated oven about 6 in. from heat for 3-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Garnish with ketchup, mustard, sliced green onions or sliced dill pickles if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 135 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Aug 12, 2014
These are super easy to make and kids LOVE them. You can make them "fancy" by using blue cheese instead.
Dec 16, 2012
Absolutely. It was very easy. Everyone loved them. They were presentable, easily manageable at a party as a finger food, and they tasted amazing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.