Fish Taco Bites
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 12 frozen breaded fish sticks
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 36 tortilla chip scoops
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- Lime wedges and additional minced fresh cilantro
- In a blender, combine the salsa, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, honey and salt. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- Place fish sticks on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Turn fish sticks over; sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla chips on a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, avocado, tomato, remaining lime juice and 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Spoon into chips.
- Cut each fish stick into three pieces. Place a fish stick piece in each chip; top each with about 1/2 teaspoon salsa mixture. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer (calculated without garnishes): 43 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Mar 7, 2014
These are wonderful! I made them for a young ladies' gathering at church (Apples of Gold) and they just raved about them! They were easy to make, even though I had to take things with me and cook the fish sticks just prior to the gathering. Unique and tasty, I will definitely be making these again! The only drawback was for the few leftovers, the chips did get a bit soggy after they had sat for a while. So, I wouldn't recommend making the appetizers up ahead of time, just have everything ready to assemble at the last minute.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.