Fish Taco Bites
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Dash salt
- 12 frozen breaded fish sticks
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 36 tortilla chip scoops
- 1-1/2 cups coleslaw mix
- 3/4 cup cubed avocado
- 3/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- Lime wedges and additional minced fresh cilantro
- In a blender, combine the salsa, cream cheese, 1 tablespoon lime juice, cilantro, honey and salt. Cover and process until smooth; set aside.
- Place fish sticks on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with half of the taco seasoning. Turn fish sticks over; sprinkle with remaining taco seasoning. Bake 7-9 minutes longer or until crisp.
- Meanwhile, place tortilla chips on a serving platter. In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, avocado, tomato, remaining lime juice and 1/2 cup salsa mixture. Spoon into chips.
- Cut each fish stick into three pieces. Place a fish stick piece in each chip; top each with about 1/2 teaspoon salsa mixture. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer (calculated without garnishes): 43 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 7, 2014
These are wonderful! I made them for a young ladies' gathering at church (Apples of Gold) and they just raved about them! They were easy to make, even though I had to take things with me and cook the fish sticks just prior to the gathering. Unique and tasty, I will definitely be making these again! The only drawback was for the few leftovers, the chips did get a bit soggy after they had sat for a while. So, I wouldn't recommend making the appetizers up ahead of time, just have everything ready to assemble at the last minute.