Sweet-Sour Sausage Bites
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Smoked Sausage Rope, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels; set aside. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside.
- In a large skillet, combine the cornstarch, salt and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Stir in the syrup, water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add the sausage, green pepper, cherries and pineapple. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Serve with toothpicks.
Nov 22, 2009
I made these last year for our annual Christmas party. They are very good. And easy to make. I keep mine warm in a crockpot. Someone suggested serving them over rice as a easy dinner.
Dec 26, 2008
Made this recipe for a Christmas party. Delicious! Liked the festive colors that the green pepper and cherries provide. Adding to my Christmas recipe favorites.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.