Blue Cheese-Onion Steak Bites
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 3 large onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until onions are golden brown. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Cut into thin slices.
- Place bread on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 4-6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese, blue cheese, salt and pepper in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Spread each bread slice with 1 teaspoon cheese mixture; top with steak and onions.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 76 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 5, 2011
I made one night for my husband and since when ever i ask what he's in the mood for, for dinner....he always says this!!! So I'm off to the store to make again tonight.
Feb 1, 2011
This was fabulous.... just fabulous. I honestly can't think of one thing I would change. I went a little heavy on the cheese spread, so when I do it again, I will abide by the 1 teaspoon suggestion, as the blue cheese can be potent if you use too much. You will not be disappointed by this recipe!!!!