Grilled Beef & Blue Cheese Sandwiches
Roast beef, red onion and blue cheese really amp up this deluxe grilled sandwich. If you like a little heat, mix some horseradish into the spread. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese and blue cheese until blended. Spread over bread slices. Layer four of the slices with roast beef and onion; top with remaining bread slices.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with oil. In a large skillet, toast sandwiches over medium heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 471 calories, 27g fat (9g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 1021mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Roast Beef and blue cheese sandwich in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.