Ham & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
- 8 thin slices apple
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- Combine mustard and honey; spread 2 tablespoons mixture over two bread slices. Layer with ham, apple and cheese. Spread remaining bread with remaining mustard mixture; place on top. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 537 calories, 19g fat (11g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1738mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 12, 2018
This was a yummy easy to make sandwiches. Will make this again. I used a multigrain bread and a little less mustard.
Nov 11, 2016
I do this on cinnamon raisin bread. Yummy
Oct 24, 2016
Such an easy dinner and honestly, one of my favorite comfort foods! A recipe that lets me sneak in some fruit, too? Perfection!(Note: I did not use sourdough bread and instead went for regular wheat - still delicious)
Feb 3, 2014
Yummy! My husband was pleasantly surprised that the apples in the sandwich tasted good. Even my boys commented that I was "having a great cooking day". lol ...I used a Granny Smith apple, and raisin bread. DELISH!!
Jul 26, 2013
So much flavor for a sandwich that is so simple to prepare!!
Jan 11, 2012
Such a delicious change from your typical grilled cheese! The honey mustard was so tasty and the apples weren't strong at all - mild and perfect. MM. But I think if you added caramelized onions, it would wreck this sandwich.
Apr 3, 2011
I would caramelize onions and then brown the apples with them to put on the sandwich before grilling
Oct 4, 2009
This was so refreshing, a nice change to an old standby!