Ham and Cheese Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 10 slices deli ham
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking sheet; top with the ham, onions and cheeses. Roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Brush with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes; cut into 1-in. slices. Freeze option: Cool unsliced loaf on a wire rack. Spray a large piece of foil with cooking spray. Wrap loaf in prepared foil and freeze for up to 3 months. To use, thaw at room temperature for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 5 minutes; cut into 1-in. slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 406 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 1151mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 26, 2014
Very good and cheesy!
Sep 28, 2013
loved how effortless this was! followed the recipe first time, and the time i just used what i had in my fridge ( shredded chicken and cheddar ) & its always delicious!!!
Sep 28, 2012
My kids loved this in their lunchboxes for school. I substituted turkey for ham for one batch for my picky child with great results.
Jun 30, 2012
I loved this just the way it is.. and wish i had bought another tube of pizza crust to make a second one. Yes, you can definitely improvise the ingredients, but it was perfect as is also.
Jun 12, 2012
Overall, this was good, but I am giving this recipe 4 stars instead of 5 because the ingredient measurements seemed off to me. I bought the exact size crust given in the recipe, but only used 6 slices of deli ham and the cheese was overboard to me (and I love cheese). I didn't even use the 1 cup each measurements - maybe about 3/4 cup each and I left out the provolone slices because I didn't have any. Even with the less amount of cheese, it still was way too much for this size loaf. I will definitely make this recipe again, but will maybe only use 1/2 cup each of the cheese. This is, howver, a great recipe you can really make your own - change it up with different fillings that you have on hand.... very versatile!
Sep 12, 2010
Great fast dinner. I served it with tomato soup to dip it in. I would cut back on some of the cheese next time, but it was a hit for sure.
Mar 19, 2010
Go good. I also make a similar version with just ham, provolone, mozarella cheese, ricotta cheese and tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce. I just fold the pizza dough in half and crimp. I put olive oil on top and it comes out so crisp and brown. Yummy. We just love it. Gives me two versions for variety.
Dec 14, 2009
I've also substituted turkey pepperoni for the ham with great results!
Aug 1, 2009
This is very quick to make and would be good as a lunch or even an appetizer. It comes out similar to a stromboli.
Apr 27, 2009
I had made something similar but insted of onion I used stufed oliveswith pepper and raisins.