Pineapple Ham Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup finely crushed saltines
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground fresh pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, crackers and pepper. Add the ham and pork; mix well. Shape into a 9x4-in. loaf and place in a shallow baking dish; insert a thermometer. In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; pour over loaf. Bake at 350° until thermometer registers 170°, about 1-1/2 hours, basting frequently.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 509 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 1260mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Dec 20, 2011
I divided this into two loaves and put into a 9x13 pan and added halved sweet potatoes and halved pears on the sides and then put sauce on all. It was such a pretty dish and very tasty. Company loved it. May try onions in ham loaf next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.