Sausage Pizza Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 2 packages (6-1/2 ounces each) pizza crust mix
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and peppers over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Combine crust mixes; prepare according to package directions. With greased fingers, press onto the bottom of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Combine the sausage mixture, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and egg; spread over dough to within 1/2 in. of the edges. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese, oregano and garlic powder.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Arrange seam side down on pan and shape into a crescent. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Aug 25, 2014
This made an impressive looking dinner! Cuts very nicely with a bread knife and the swirls look very pretty. To make this truly a sausage "pizza" loaf we serve topped with pizza sauce. No one will leave the table after this filling meal!
Dec 31, 2010
Delicious and loved by everyone (both kids and adults).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.