This beef-and-bread roll is really easy to make. The seasonings give the beef a flavor like sausage, hence its name.—Jan Young, Fort Smith, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, oregano, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, sage, eggs and cheeses; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll bread dough into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread meat mixture to within 1 in. of the edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting at short end. Pinch the ends and seam to seal. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place in a warm place and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bread tests done. Brush with butter before serving.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.