Sausage and Egg Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles; arrange in a single layer on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Press onto pan to form a crust and seal seams; pinch edge to form a rim. Bake 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and mushrooms are tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Drain and remove sausage mixture. Add hash browns, garlic salt and pepper to the same skillet; cook and stir until browned.
- Sprinkle sausage mixture over prepared crust; layer with potatoes, green onions, red pepper and cheese. Carefully pour egg substitute over top. Bake 10-12 minutes or until egg is set and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 241 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 744mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
May 23, 2018
I am a old fashion cook you need to enclose us
Jan 14, 2011
While this was a great idea for a dish, and its nice that it is healthy...the whole fat free "cheese" kind of ruins it. That stuff is probably worse for you than regular!
Aug 25, 2010
Had to substitute Italian pork sausage so calories went up, but we loved the pizza. Made it also to take to a friend's get-to-gether and everyone raved. Must take two next time.
Aug 25, 2010
Had to substitute Italian sausage so calories went up, but we loved the pizza. Made it also to take to a friend's get-to-gether and everyone raved. Must take two next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.