Pepperoni Pizza Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, Parmesan cheese, oil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Brush over the dough.
- Sprinkle with the pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, pepper rings, green pepper and olives. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down; brush with egg whites. Do not let rise. Bake until golden brown and dough is cooked through, about 35-40 minutes. Warm the pizza sauce; serve with sliced loaf. Freeze option: Freeze cooled unsliced pizza loaf in heavy-duty foil. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before reheating. Remove from foil and reheat loaf on a greased baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 296 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 827mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Feb 5, 2018
Made according to recipe, just added salami and ham. Made four hours ahead and stored in fridge. Added five minutes to baking time. Made for Super Bowl...everyone loved it! The egg yolk/cheese/ herb mixture made the recipe five stars!
Feb 5, 2017
This was great Super Bowl food! I used a loaf of frozen pizza dough, and it was very easy to handle. Will definitely try this again.
Jan 12, 2017
I have made this recipe for years and there is never any left overs. I also made several pans of this for my daughter's wedding for their limo ride. Kids loved it. Not a bit left again. I also make my own pizza dough in my bread machine. Much easier to work with.
Mar 6, 2016
This has been a family favorite for years! The frozen dough is a little hard to work with at first, but I think it is better than the refrigerated dough.
Feb 25, 2016
Jan 30, 2016
Yum yum yum. I use refrigerated pizza dough most of the time with this recipe instead of frozen just for convenience, but it's great either way. Very good and simple to prepare. In fact, we are having it again tonight!
Oct 9, 2015
I have made a version of this for almost 40 years. I use toppings I like. I recently started making my own fresh pizza dough. It is cheaper and cuts down on the prep time by several hours since I don't have to wait for frozen bread to thaw and rise. When I started making this, I had to freeze 1/2 the loaf for later. Now I double and triple the recipe and there are never any leftovers. My kids are grown now but bring their chidren and their friends over. They all gobble it up.
Aug 6, 2015
This is my MOST favorite take on pizza, ever. The egg wash of spice blend is superb & it's a family favorite!I raved about this recipe in a blog post:http://mydarlingdays.blogspot.com/2015/08/make-pizza-loaf.html?_sm_au_=iVVs0PcHkMckLSMrThank you for sharing & keep the yummy eats coming! :)
Feb 1, 2015
Perfect and delicious. Peppers made it. Could use whatever toppings you like.
Jan 19, 2015
Great and easy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.