Red Pepper Meat Loaf
This recipe is a nice substitute for the usual beef meat loaf. It's plenty moist and so flavorful with the sweet red pepper. Leftovers are great for sandwiches the next day.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 299 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Cornbread Meat Loaf in Reminisce Extra May 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.