Red Pepper Meat Loaf
This recipe is a nice substitute for the usual beef meat loaf. It's plenty moist and so flavorful with the sweet red pepper. Leftovers are great for sandwiches the next day.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 299 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Cornbread Meat Loaf in Reminisce Extra May 2010