Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons chopped Johnsonville® Fully Cooked Polish Kielbasa Sausage Rope
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 4 slices white bread
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and microwave on high until heated through. Spread two slices of bread with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Top with remaining bread. Butter outsides of sandwiches.
- Cook in a preheated sandwich maker according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 952mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Mar 18, 2013
Used all peppironi with chopped green onion. Was great, a new twist on grilled cheese! Will make again.
Jun 2, 2012
This was a great Saturday night meal (combined with an antipasto salad). I substituted italian sausage and sourdough and included sliced salami (because my family loves it). I had to grill them since I don't have a sandwich maker, but they came out great. I also sprinkled some shredded parmesan cheese over the buttered bread before grilling it. Now I wish I had a sandwich maker:)
Jun 26, 2010
NOOOOOOOO - they are counting salt as 6 and pepper as 7. I just copied this to try.
Jun 26, 2010
have not made it yet, but it states to heat the 1st 7 ingredients in the microwave. That would include the bread. Is that correct?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.