Garlic Bread Pizza Sandwiches
I love inventing new ways to make grilled cheese sandwiches for my kids. This version tastes like pizza. Using frozen garlic bread is a time-saver. —Courtney Stultz, Weir, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (11-1/4 ounces) frozen garlic Texas toast
- 1/4 cup pasta sauce
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 8 slices thinly sliced hard salami
- Additional pasta sauce, warmed, optional
- Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. Add garlic toast; cook until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes per side.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each of four toasts. Top with cheese, pepperoni, salami and remaining toasts. Cook until crisp and cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes, turning as necessary. If desired, serve with additional sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 456 calories, 28g fat (10g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1177mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Bread Pizza Sandwiches in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.