Pizza Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add 3/4 cup of pizza sauce, cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper; mix well. Combine beef and sausage; add to egg mixture and mix well. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Drain. Spoon remaining pizza sauce over meat loaf; bake 15 minutes longer or until no pink remains. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 732mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 23, 2013
This is a very yummy and simple meatloaf. My 6 year old daughter loves it and we make it time and time again! Wonderful job.
Nov 13, 2012
This was a tasty meatloaf, even tastier cold the next day. I made as is except used 3/4 cup of bread crumbs and a 1/4 cup mixture of wheat germ and ground flax seed.
Oct 22, 2012
This was better than I expected. To me, it was a step above your average meatloaf. As my husband loves meatloaf, I have no doubt that I'll be making it again.
Aug 31, 2010
My 12 year old daughter made this for supper with only a bit of help over the phone. No chopping involved made it perfect for our beginner cook. Everyone enjoyed, and she enjoyed the praise. Thanks!
May 31, 2009
I just made this recipe and it turned out great! I did cook it a little longer than recommended, but I like my meat medium well. It was a hit!