Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed and halved
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over crust; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Top with onion and meatballs; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 12-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 321 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 755mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Jan 21, 2017
VERY good. I did make my own pizza crust but that's a personal preference. Delicious!
Apr 29, 2016
My husband and I enjoyed this recipe for a quick dinner. I'm mad at myself because I forgot I had green peppers in the fridge that I think would have been a wonderful addition to the pizza. I picked up a package of two pizza crusts that came with two sauce packets at Aldi's and used a 16 ounce bag of frozen meatballs to make both pizzas. We loved them!
Apr 8, 2016
I made this for dinner tonight with homemade dough and canned sauce from our garden last summer. My husband really liked it. We only used 9 meatballs, but still that was plenty. The only thing we could change is next time we would either cook the onions first or just forget them all together or even possibly used dried.
Mar 27, 2016
This was reprinted in the April May 2016 issue of Simple & Delicious, and I immediately liked the idea and thought it could be easily cut down for a smaller pizza. I used a jarred sauce, rather than one from a can, and only four meatballs, which I cut into thirds. I added sliced black olives and tiny diced green pepper, and before topping with the cheese, I upped the heat with a few dashes of hot sauce. I reduced the b baking time to 10 minutes. yummy.
Mar 25, 2016
We have a grandson that LOVES meatballs and meatball pizza. Now I can make him one anytime. Easy and tasty!
Mar 19, 2016
Th family loved this pizza. I used homemade meatballs I had in the freezer and cut them up into quarters or smaller since they are larger then typical store bought.
Jul 16, 2014
Easy to make and great flavor. It was a big hot with the kids!
Apr 13, 2013
I thought this was okay but not great. This was the first time I tried meatballs on pizza and I think the flavor/texture combination just isn't my favorite.
Mar 24, 2012
Great recipe. I added pepperoni, onions and peppers and used tortillas for the pizza base. They made great personal pizzas and everyone could personalize their topping.
Feb 21, 2012
Very very good!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.