Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 14 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed and halved
- Dash each salt, pepper, dried parsley flakes and dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place tomato sauce, carrot, basil and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Place flatbreads on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with tomato sauce mixture; top with cheese and meatballs. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 flatbread: 253 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 911mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 10, 2019
Had my grand kids over last weekend and made the meatball flatbread for them. I ended up making around twenty of them. Easy and delicious..definitely will be making them again!
Dec 10, 2018
So easy, so delicious, and super kid friendly. My grocery store was out of naan so I substituted whole wheat pita bread and it worked perfectly.
Oct 31, 2018
Absolutely delicious and oh so easy. I didn't have any fresh basil, so I just added some Italian Seasoning to the sauce mixture. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. A very hearty meal, too!
Oct 29, 2018
Very good and my kids who are picky eaters ate it up!