Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) Italian tomato sauce
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 4 naan flatbreads
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 20 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed and halved
- Dash each salt, pepper, dried parsley flakes and dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place tomato sauce, carrot, basil and garlic in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Place flatbreads on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread with tomato sauce mixture; top with cheese and meatballs. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1/2 flatbread: 284 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 993mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 10, 2018
So easy, so delicious, and super kid friendly. My grocery store was out of naan so I substituted whole wheat pita bread and it worked perfectly.
Oct 31, 2018
Absolutely delicious and oh so easy. I didn't have any fresh basil, so I just added some Italian Seasoning to the sauce mixture. Otherwise, I followed the recipe exactly. A very hearty meal, too!
Oct 29, 2018
Very good and my kids who are picky eaters ate it up!