Easy Pesto Pizza
Our Test Kitchen kneaded basil, oregano and Parmesan cheese into packaged bread dough for this full-flavored crust. Purchased pesto sauce keeps it big on taste and convenience.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface; let rest for 10 minutes. Knead in 1/4 cup cheese, basil and oregano. Roll into a 12-in. circle; place on a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick with a fork. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes.
- Spread pesto sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with mushrooms, mozzarella cheese and remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.