Mediterranean Meatball Sandwiches
I grow onions, garlic and herbs, so that’s what I use in these saucy sandwiches. Make patties or form the ground beef into meatballs instead. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- Optional toppings: sliced tomato, chopped red onion and shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine onion, parsley, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 4x2-in. oblong patties.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on pitas with tzatziki sauce and toppings as desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without sauce and toppings): 379 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Ground Beef Kebabs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.