Meatballs with Marinara Sauce
Pack on the flavor with just a few ingredients! The plum sauce in this dish is an unexpected treat. —Mary Poninski, Whittington, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (22 ounces) frozen fully cooked angus beef meatballs
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Prepare meatballs according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine marinara and olives; heat through. Add meatballs and basil; heat through.
Not sure which brand of frozen meatballs to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 93 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 301mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Meatballs in Plum Sauce in Taste of Home September/October 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.