Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
With their cranberry dipping sauce, these no-fuss appetizer meatballs make use of traditional Thanksgiving ingredients, so they're ideal around the holiday or anytime you're craving those favorite seasonal tastes.—Ann Baker, Texarkana, Texas
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makes2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce)
- 3 cups cooked stuffing
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Place stuffing in a large bowl. Crumble ground turkey and pork sausage over stuffing and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs. Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat remaining sauce ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 98 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as TURKEY "N" SAUSAGE STUFFING MEATBALLS/CRANBERRY DIPPING SAUCE in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011