Italian Appetizer Meatballs
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Transfer meatballs to a 4-qt. slow cooker; add spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 67 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 11, 2011
My husband loved these! I used Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs & Paul Neuman's Marinara Sauce. Delicious!
Dec 31, 2010
I make meatballs often, but wanted to try an appetizer italian meatball. These tasted wonderful just out of the oven! I didn't think that the ingredients would make meatballs better than I'd had before, but they did. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs instead of plain because that's what I had on hand.