Italian Appetizer Meatballs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Transfer meatballs to a 4-qt. slow cooker; add spaghetti sauce. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
1 each: 67 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 11, 2011
My husband loved these! I used Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs & Paul Neuman's Marinara Sauce. Delicious!
Dec 31, 2010
I make meatballs often, but wanted to try an appetizer italian meatball. These tasted wonderful just out of the oven! I didn't think that the ingredients would make meatballs better than I'd had before, but they did. I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs instead of plain because that's what I had on hand.