Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 2 to 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine sour cream and cheese. Add the pepper, salt, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 259 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 16, 2018
I found the meatballs rather bland. Will have to play with seasoning for my liking, but the sauce was Devine. Everyone raved about. We even added the leftover sauce to our potato soup. It was Great.
Apr 10, 2018
I will admit that I bought premade and cooked meatballs. I wanted to try the sauce. Whole family liked it very much Served meatballs for Easter dinner. Leftovers are just as good. Will make again!
Dec 30, 2015
This was really good, and made a nice sauce. I used the leftovers over some rolls with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.
Mar 28, 2015
This recipe is awesome!! If the amount of black pepper puts you off, don't let it!! It gives them a little heat, and really makes them different from other meatballs. They hold their shape beautifully, too, which is really important when serving on a buffet. They are just delicious, and one of the few recipes I didn't alter...at all. You can also use different sauces and make a meal of them. Try marinara, swedish meatball sauce, barbecue....
Feb 19, 2014
Very tasty & very easy to make. The only change I made was I substituted cream of celery for the cream of mushroom. I also heated the sauce & meatballs in a skillet rather than using a slow cooker. Excellent served with mashed potatoes.
Nov 24, 2013
Made this for an extra meat dish for Christmas dinner. My family loved it, and are asking for it again
Jul 1, 2013
This is my second time making these I used them as a main course over egg noodles. I gave this recipe to my sister and her family also loved them as a main courseover noodles.
Jan 8, 2013
To my horror, I discovered I was out of dill weed after I'd already made the meatballs and was halfway thru the sauce. But I did have a jar of kosher dill pickles, so I used a couple tablespoons. Very good. I also (as usual) used 1 lb soy "burger" crumbles and 1/2 lb ground beef. They held together fine.
Sep 10, 2011
It was very tasty and the family loved it. I made the meatballs larger than normal because I wanted to. they were delicious!
Oct 24, 2010
All I could taste was pepper and sour cream, it was very sickening, overwhelming.