Peppered Pork Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin chops, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and julienned
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- Garlic mayonnaise and torn leaf lettuce, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pork, oil, pepper and garlic; toss to coat. Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork mixture; cook and stir until no longer pink. Stir in red peppers; heat through. Serve on pita breads. Top with mayonnaise and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich (calculated without mayonnaise): 380 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2018
I'm vegan and my family isn't. My family loved it as written and I just subbed in pinto beans seasoned with the pepper and garlic for me. We liked sliced, home-grown tomatoes on it or subbing in whole wheat tortillas for the pitas, too. Delicious!
Aug 1, 2015
Simple and delicious.
Jul 26, 2015
Very good! I will add a bit more seasoning next time. Even the kids liked it
Oct 13, 2013
These are real yummy. I did make with the garlic mayo and carmelized onions. Whole family liked it. This is one of our new favorites!
Aug 6, 2011
This recipe is simple and delicious! I also made a cucumber sauce to go with it and I think this will become one of my families staple meals. Even my children who are 5 and 2 love it.