Chili and Jelly Meatballs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 2 packages (22 ounces each) frozen fully cooked angus beef meatballs
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) chili sauce
- 1 jar (10 ounces) grape jelly
- Prepare meatballs according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, combine chili sauce and jelly; cook and stir over medium heat until jelly has melted. Add meatballs to pan; heat through.
Not sure which brand of frozen meatballs to buy? Check out the brands our editors and the Taste of Home Test Kitchen recommend.
Nutrition Facts1 meatball: 106 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 25, 2019
I just toss plain frozen meatballs in the crockpot, pour the mixed jelly and chili sauce on top, set the appliance on low and walk away for a few hours. Always the first thing gone at every work potluck.
Dec 24, 2018
Make this all the time for potlucks, family get-togethers - couldn't be easier! Put the meatballs in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. Whisk jelly and chili sauce together in slow cooker. Stir in thawed meatballs and set to high for 1 hour, then to low for 2-3 hrs. Check meatballs to make sure they are heated through, then turn to low and stir occasionally to keep sauce from sticking to sides. Tweak the times as needed depending on the heat of your slow cooker and the size of the meatballs.
Oct 10, 2018
I have been making these meatballs for many years during the holidays. When I take them to parties, the dish always comes home empty and people always ask for the recipe.