Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound fresh jalapenos, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sour cream, onion dip or ranch salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the cheeses, bacon and seasonings; mix well. Spoon about 2 tablespoonfuls into each pepper half. Roll in bread crumbs.
- Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes for spicy flavor, 25 minutes for medium and 35 minutes for mild. Serve with sour cream, dip or dressing.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 popper: 94 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
Decent popper recipe
May 1, 2019
I’ve been making this recipe for years and is always a big hit. The better you clean the veins out ,the milder they will be. Even people that don’t like jalapeños, love these.
Nov 19, 2018
My daughter shared this recipe with me. ???
Jul 20, 2018
Why do you idiots look up a recipe for jalapeno poppers then cower in the corner and complain because they are too hot and give a 1 star rating? Maybe you should look for recipes in the marshmallow section so you don't burn your sensitive little tongues.
Jun 25, 2018
Laverne, you might want to try it with poblano peppers. They are generally a very mild type of pepper, less hot that jalapeños.
Jun 24, 2018
My family can't take the heat of the peppers so I used Mini Bells
Jun 19, 2018
Does the tongue-biting heat cook out? They look and sound so good, but I can't take the heat!! Suppose I could use the mini bell peppers instead?
May 20, 2017
my husband was given a bacon wrapped jalapen? pepper popper a couple of years ago while [email protected] California beach resort. he adored it&was ever grateful for the campers' gesture of sharing. well he's now the camping sharer and looks forward to making these while we camp. THIS RECIPE is going to be a God send as much easier and betcha tastier as well. He'll make them today for cocktails in the afternoon- thank you Lisa Byingron, so very much appreciate this.
Dec 29, 2016
I have been making these for parties for a long time and they are always the first things gone. I make them just as written and they are the the best.
Nov 20, 2016
Been making this since it first appeared. So good! The filling is also pretty tasty on its own. I've made it to serve with crackers.