Pizza Monkey Bread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated flaky biscuits (8 count)
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni, halved
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Additional marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine first four ingredients; microwave, covered, on high for 30 seconds. Cool slightly.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces; add to oil mixture and toss to coat. Add cheeses and pepperoni; toss to combine. In a heavy 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray, layer half of the biscuit mixture; drizzle with 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Repeat layers.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around sides and center tube of pan. Invert onto a serving plate. Serve with additional sauce.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 293 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Oct 11, 2019
I increased the cheeses and pepperoni slices to our taste and baked using convection mode to help the center set better, as I was using a flat tube pan rather than the suggested fluted tube pan. I also increased the baking time, watching it until the bubbling reduced and it showed signs of just starting to darken too much on top. Was a huge hit. It was difficult to release from the pan, but folks were enjoying the crispy parts scraped off the sides later anyway. My grandson said it was the best meal he'd had in 15 years (he's 9). Next time I will try a non-stick pan.
Jun 17, 2018
I enjoyed making this recipe. It was quick to put together and great for a Saturday night quick dinner. The only change I made was using Olive Oil instead of butter. I heated up the first four ingredients in a saucepan and then added the Bisquits, tossing them to coat. Then followed the recipe as follows. I did have a problem, like others, with the biscuits being gooey in the center.
Sep 24, 2017
This was good. Next time I will add more cheese and double maybe triple the pepperoni.
Sep 10, 2017
Mine turned out extremely gooey in the center; don't know what happened. I baked for 40 min at 350; will use a different baking dish next time. If I had left it in the oven any longer it would have burned. Turned out very pretty and everyone loved the parts that were cooked.
Sep 6, 2017
I would take out the pepper.
Sep 6, 2017
I've made this I live in a senior citizen building and took a down as a snack for everybody they just loved it , I had Mariner warm the marinara sauce for dipping added Italian cheese to the marinara sauce. Delich.
May 29, 2017
By the way this disappeared from the platter, it must have been a huge success... I didn't even get a bite as it was gone before I could grab some. I found it much easier to use a large plastic dish tub to mix the cut up dough pieces with the oil and other ingredients, and I used my hands instead of a spoon... I doubled the amount of pepperoni. cheese, and marinara, and added some tiny bits of diced onion and red bell pepper, and I had several other sauces available on the side. I provided a large serving fork to break away the pieces. I will make this again.
Mar 28, 2017
Yes, it is a lot of bread, but it's seasoned bread. I loved it, but unfortunately, family took one bite and made sandwiches instead. So, I won't be making this again. So sad. BTW, I did put more sauce in and I think that helped it not being so dry.
Feb 3, 2017
Originally made this for a playoff game potluck. Was a big hit! We put several different dipping sauces with it, so people could switch it up a bit (ranch, marinara, a few cheese sauces). Everyone was asking for the recipe! Kids and adults alike enjoyed this "alternative" to regular pizza!
Sep 26, 2016
I made this took it to a church fellowship and everyone was asking who mde it they loved it especially the teens.. great recipe ( I was ask to bring it every month)