Chocolate Monkey Bread
Here's a family treat we enjoy as we open Christmas gifts. With chocolate inside, the pull-apart bread is impossible to resist. —Heather Deterding, Odenton, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (16.3 ounces each) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 64 milk chocolate kisses
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes or until sugar is melted; set aside.
- Cut each biscuit into quarters. Shape each piece around a chocolate kiss; pinch seams to seal. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add biscuits, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Spoon 1/4 cup caramel into a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Arrange a third of the biscuits in the pan and drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Cover loosely with foil if biscuits brown too quickly. Immediately invert onto a serving plate. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 432 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 679mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Monkey Cake in Country Woman Christmas 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.