Sticky Cinnamon-Sugar Monkey Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cut dough into 1-inch pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a large saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Pour over dough pieces.
- Cover loosely with parchment paper or nonstick foil; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Immediately invert onto a serving plate.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 247 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 9, 2019
Feb 24, 2019
This is a recipe that has been around since frozen bread was made available. It has been a family favorite for over 30 years. The sauce coats more pieces if half of the bread pieces are put in the pan, then half the sauce, then repeat. You can also refrigerate it overnight and bake it in the morning when needed.
Feb 17, 2019
Good but My family prefers my recipe with using canned biscuits and putting in a bundt pan or even a square pan.
Jan 20, 2019
This recipe is so simple and so tasty! I made it for two family christmases and everyone loved it. My husband asks for this monkey bread every Saturday!
Dec 27, 2018
I made this for Christmas morning. It's so easy and everyone loved it. The house was filled with the aroma of bread and cinnamon. Absolutely delicious.
Nov 12, 2018
This is a great monkey bread recipe! I love how every tender piece of bread has some sticky caramel on it. There is plenty of cinnamon flavor and the vanilla pudding adds an extra layer of flavor. I will definitely be making this again!