Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
Makes2 loaves (12 slices each)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 270 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 171mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 18, 2014
I used apple sauce instead of crushed pineapple and added a cup of quick oats and a half cup of whole wheat flour to help with our elevation and to make healthier.
Sep 12, 2013
I have to be honest I was a bit nervous at some of the amounts of ingredients in this recipe but it all came together. I played around with it a bit and omitted the canned pineapple, only because I didn't have any. I used 2 cups of AP flour and 1 cup of whole wheat flour, substituted with olive oil and dark chocolate chips as well as added a medley of raisins and lemon zest!
Jul 18, 2013
I did substitute applesauce in the place of the oil to cut down on calories and used pecans in the topping in place of coconut. It was OUTSTANDING!
Jul 16, 2012
Good rich flavor and moist.
Jul 5, 2012
This THE best zucchini bread recipe ever!! I substituted applesauce for the zucchini as I didn't have any. I will make this over and over again.
Sep 8, 2011
We love this bread. The first time I made it, we didn't have pineapple so I substituted mandarin oranges. We've made it that way ever since.
Aug 4, 2011
I want to make this bread! Quick breads are among my specialties! It sounds delicious! Dawn E. Lowenstein
Nov 8, 2010
This recipe makes the most delicious moist zucchini bread. It is requested by family and friends often! Highly recommend this recipe.
Oct 9, 2010
This is a great recipe. I have already made it several times this year. And I will definitely make again.
Aug 27, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.